[SciPy-User] Spline Interpolation with non continuous data

Franz Engel franz_lambert_engel at yahoo.de
Sat Jun 22 10:14:12 EDT 2013

Hi,

I try to interpolated a spline throw a dataset (the record of a robot motion
path). Usually it works really good, always when the robot drives without
stops. But if the robot stops he moves a little bit backwards. If this
happens I can't use my "normal" method with the
interpolate.UnivariateSpline-function(
<http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.interpolate.Univa
riateSpline.html>
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.interpolate.Univar
iateSpline.html), because the robot motion is not longer continuously. Does
somebody has an idea which function could solve my problem? Or is there a
good filter to reduce the redundant robot path. (the backwards path is only
a little bit displaced relative to path without stops)

Regards,

     Franz