[SciPy-User] Fwd: scipy.test() fails for 0.11.0 on OS X 10.8.2

Will terribleangel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:41:26 EST 2013

Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Another option is to use a binary installer, either a scipy
> one from sourceforge, or something like EPD which
> installs the whole stack. Both should work fine.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I would like to use the scipy
installer, but it gives me the "Scipy requires System
Python 2.7" message.  I have Python 2.7 from python.org
installed (via Homebrew).  Is there any way to show the
installer that Python is installed (is it looking for python
in a particular directory?)?  I tried EPD and the tests
completed with only skips and known failures (and a
bunch of warnings).  I would prefer to get scipy working
with the Python I already have set up though.

Will