[SciPy-User] How can I interpolate array from spherical to cartesian coordinates?

Joseph Smidt josephsmidt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 22:48:31 EST 2013

I have an array of density values in spherical coordinates. More
specifically I have an array called density with shape (180,200,200). I
also have an array called r_coord, theta_coord and phi_coord also with
shape (180,200,200) being the spherical coordinates for the density array.

I would like to map this density to cartesian coordinates using python. I
will need therefore a new array density_prime which is interpolated over
cartesian coordinates x_coord, y_coord and z_coord. I found
scipy.ndimage.interpolation.map_coordinates which looks promising but I
can't figure out how to get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Joseph Smidt <josephsmidt at gmail.com>

Theoretical Division