[SciPy-User] issues tracker for bug reports down, so I send my bug report here instead

Gerrit Holl gerrit.holl at ltu.se
Tue Apr 16 18:48:37 EDT 2013

Hi,

I wanted to submit this bug report to the issues tracker, but I cannot
reach http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy right now.

With scipy.io.savemat, storing big-endian data results in a mat-file
where the data are not appropiately read in Matlab; I suspect the bug
is on scipy's end:

In scipy:

In [61]: M = numpy.arange(0, 10, 1, dtype=">i2")

In [62]: scipy.io.savemat("/tmp/M.mat", dict(M=M))

Then loading it in Matlab:

>> M = load('/tmp/M.mat');

>> M.M

ans =

      0
    256
    512
    768
   1024
   1280
   1536
   1792
   2048
   2304

>> swapbytes(M.M)

ans =

      0
      1
      2
      3
      4
      5
      6
      7
      8
      9

If I remember to check again if the bug tracker will be up, I will
submit it there.

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Gerrit Holl
PhD student at Division of Space Technology, Luleå University of