[SciPy-User] Pylab - standard packages

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:50:09 EDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io>wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2012, at 7:15 PM, Thomas Kluyver wrote:
>
> On 19 September 2012 01:03, Travis Oliphant <travis at continuum.io> wrote:
>
> The next version of Anaconda CE is going to contain a C-compiler for
>
> Windows, for example.

What c compiler do you get for 64-bit?

I don't know what the audience is for pylab, but if I want to run 64 bit
python on Windows then I might not need mingw (if there are still problems
with 64 bit version) and the only alternative is Microsoft compilers.

my 64 bit python 3.2 is all Gohlke binaries, without any compiler available
yet
one of my 32 bit pythons is python-xy with bundled c compiler

So, c compiler looks optional to me.

Josef