[SciPy-User] looking for real testcases for Nelder-Mead fmin

denis denis-bz-gg at t-online.de
Mon Sep 3 12:59:56 EDT 2012

Folks,
   I'm looking for real or realistic testcases for Nelder-Mead
minimization of noisy functions, 2d to 10d or so, unconstrained
or box constraints, preferably not sum-of-squares and not Rosenbrock et al.
to wring out a new implementation that has restarts and verbose.
(Would like to discuss ways to restart too
but more ideas than test functions => never converge.)

First-cut doc is under
http://htmlpreview.github.com/?https://github.com/denis-bz/nelder-mead/blob/master/doc/Nelder-Mead-py.html
(if anyone knows how to display html directly, please let me know,
git noob.)

Thanks,
cheers
   -- denis