[SciPy-User] Share memory between python an C++

FDM Wolfgang.Mader at fdm.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Oct 26 20:54:06 EDT 2012

Hello list,

I have a couple of functions in the form of shared C++ libraries, and want to use them from within python. Some of them involve big chunks of data which could be represented easily using numpy data types. Therefore, I am searching for a way to call the C++ function, pass a reference or pointer as argument, pointing to memory I have allocated in python, such that I can use the result of the function w/o copying. It should be possible to hide technicalities from a python user. I would apprechiate any hint.

Best, Wolfgang