[SciPy-User] Warnings --- why do they occur and how can I stop them?

David Warde-Farley wardefar at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Oct 26 16:15:43 EDT 2012

It sounds as if you've installed a binary-incompatible version of
SciPy for the version of NumPy that you have.

SciPy's version requirements are pretty loose but since SciPy if
you're installing binaries, you need to be sure that the SciPy binary
you get was compiled against the same version of NumPy that you get
(or at least one with the same ABI version, to get technical).

Deleting whatever you currently have and downloading one of the
"superpack" installers from here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/scipy/0.11.0/ should fix
you up.