[SciPy-User] ANN: WinPython v2.7.3.0

Indranil Sinharoy indranil.sinharoy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:10:41 EDT 2012

WinPython looks very promising to me. I seriously think it has great
potential. I just tried both versions (64 bit and 32-bit) on my Windows
64-bit machine and I have a couple of questions that I will ask here
anyways --

1. I really loved the concept of the package manager. However, when I tried
to uninstall PyWin32  217 (I have briefly explained why I wanted to
uninstall pywin32 217 below), I got the following error message:

Unable to uninstall pywin32 217.
Error message:
[Error 5] Access is denied:
'C:\\EXECUTABLES&PROGRAMS\\WinPython\\WinPython-32bit-2.7.3.1\\python-2.7.3\\Lib\\site-packages\\win32\\win32gui.pyd'

 (I have also placed a screen-shot of the message here)

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-S_QaUxqZh6A/UHdA4sAxtFI/AAAAAAAAA3o/j56xQ-Ly-rQ/s1600/pywin32uninstall.png>
Also, following the above error message, I was unable to lunch the
WinPython control panel ever again (not sure what's happening there)

2.  How do I change the font size of the text in IPython (running within
WinPython)? Also, the usual Ctrl+= to zoom in didn't work.

-- Indranil.

Reason I wanted to uninstall PyWin32 217 is that "import dde" doesn't work
since build 214 for the 32-bit version of pywin32 (and it never worked for
the 64-bit version of pywin32).
[http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=From_noreply%40sourceforge.net_Wed_Oct_19_18%3A10%3A35_2011&forum_name=pywin32-bugs].
I really require the dde module for some projects that I am working on. So,
I would like to uninstall PyWin32 217 and install build 213.