[SciPy-User] Scipy stack: standard packages (poll)

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 09:27:15 EDT 2012

OK, based on the responses so far from the poll, here's a new draft of
the standard. It's rather smaller than the previous draft (when we
were using the name Pylab), but not completely minimalist. I'm fairly
happy with the general shape of it.

https://gist.github.com/3833499

The biggest remaining question (as I see it) is the hdf5 libraries.
Both have got a somewhat mixed response on the poll, although h5py has
a bit more support than PyTables. This did come up before, but let's
hear more voices on the question. Should we specify neither, one, or
both?

Thanks,