[SciPy-User] Scipy stack: standard packages (poll)

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:54:44 EDT 2012

On 3 October 2012 21:41, Thøger Rivera-Thorsen <trive at astro.su.se> wrote:
> Is there in the default stack any toolkit to help create simple
> interactive GUIs, like e.g. Traits(ui)? Nothing overly complicated, but
> simple dialogues etc. would be great for creating simple apps for e.g.
> teaching. I know IDL has it and it is used quite frequently (yes, I'm an
> astronomer).

Tkinter is included as part of the Python standard library, so you can
build simple GUIs. For quickly presenting dialogs, you could easily
install easygui (http://easygui.sourceforge.net/ ), which builds on
Tkinter, but I don't think it should be part of the standard. I don't
know how either compare to TraitsUI, which I haven't used.

Thomas