[SciPy-User] ...numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so: undefined symbol: zungqr_

Kliment otrov at hush.ai
Sat May 5 01:44:13 EDT 2012

In case anyone gets here from Google:

I managed to build it successfully, by following this recipe:
http://mbudisic.wordpress.com/2010/08/12/installing-atlas-with-full-lapack-on-64-bit-linux/
and additionally using latest stable ATLAS (instead latest dev version) paired
with LAPACK 3.3.1 (instead latest 3.4.1), as apparently not any LAPACK can be
build with any ATLAS, but perhaps pairing roughly dates should go fine.

Method described in above post differs from one provided on Scipy page, by the
way LAPACK is set, which is not just linked to ATLAS build process with
downloaded archive.
Looking now, from first post is evident that LAPACK library is striped down
version, which is what I got by following instructions on Scipy page.

Hope this help someone