[SciPy-User] [scipy-central] Site design

Andreas H. lists at hilboll.de
Tue Mar 13 13:37:27 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I think everyone agrees that the webdesign of scipy-central.org needs some
major enhancements in order to make the site appealing to users so that
they want to stay, browse, and use it.

I think it would make sense to make the site visually similar to the main
SciPy site (new.scipy.org), so that users can already "feel" the
connection. I'm mainly talking about colors and fonts here.

Also, a logo would be good. For a start, maybe we could use the main SciPy
logo, but eventually, scipy-central should have its own, similar logo.

Then, a sidebar would be nice. Possible blocks for the sidebar include
'links to core and related projects', 'what is SciPy', ... ideas welcome.

If you agree, I could start playing around with the templates/css over the
next weeks.

Best,
Andreas.