[SciPy-User] Useful libraries beyond numpy and scipy?

Johannes Eckstein eckjoh2 at web.de
Sat Jun 23 03:06:03 EDT 2012

HI,

I'm recently more interested in quick'n dirty GUI-designing, Therefore i use
guidata,
For data storing I use:
h5py,
xlrd, xlwt and xlutils, python modules written by Chris Withers.
xlwt is a fork of pyExcelerator

I there a good control library?

very nice thing, indeed your rascal!

Cheers,

Johannes

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working on a small board for scientists (and artists) that
> runs Python. The idea is to make something like an Arduino, but beefed
> up to handle real web traffic. Some background on the board at
> http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/13/rascal-micro-hands-on-video/ and
> more at http://rascalmicro.com
>
> I'm shipping boards with scipy and numpy preinstalled, and I'm
> wondering what other libraries complement those two well. I'm aware of
> (and actually have a library of my own listed on) the list at
> http://www.scipy.org/Topical_Software but it's hard to tell what's
> both mature and widely used.
>
> What are the top 3 or 4 libraries you use, either for control during
> experiments or for data analysis?
>
> Cheers,
> Brandon
> --
> Brandon Stafford
> Rascal Micro: small computers for art and science
> Somerville, MA, USA

Dipl.-Ing. Johannes Eckstein
Automatisierungstechnik i. d. Produktion
Universität Stuttgart