[SciPy-User] why does scipy.stats.t.ppf return negative values?

pybokeh pybokeh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:22:26 EDT 2012

I am reviewing sample problems in my statistics book from college.  When I
look up the percentage point for t-distribution in the appendix of the
book, it lists positive values.  When I use say for example:
stats.t.ppf(0.025,15), it shows -2.131, whereas, my stat book shows 2.131.
I tried other parameters and I get same values as what my stat book shows,
but again the values it returns are negative.