[SciPy-User] Lookfor in SciPy sub-packages?

klo uo klonuo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 02:11:34 EST 2012

I just discovered this nifty NumPy utils.py module.
Among various useful information retrival functions (as it can be imagined
by wrapping pydoc, inspect and re modules) there is also 'lookfor', for
which I even quickly made GTK input box ;)

However seaching for something within SciPy sub-packages seems pretty
impossible to me. I tried various combinations but nothing worked.
Can someone provide tip how to return result for 'Butterworth' for example,
without loading scipy.signal inside script then passing this module to
lookfor function, which seems lake a overkill to this function purpose