[SciPy-User] Does scipy binary install libgfortran.dylib?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:38:19 EST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Mark Bakker <markbak at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Does Scipy install the correct version of libgfortran.dylib? Does it
> simply put it in /usr/local/lib/ ?
>
> I am trying to distribute my own package which includes FORTRAN extensions
> and when installing on a brand new machine it complains that
> libgfortran.3.dylib cannot be found. I was wondering how Scipy handles this
> (and thanks to Ralf Gommers for helping me so far, but I haven't been able
> to solve this).

Sorry for not being clearer before - I only knew that this worked for
scipy, not exactly how it worked. After some digging I found this in the
0.7.1 release notes: "Mac OS X binary installer is now a proper universal
build, and does not depend on gfortran anymore (libgfortran is statically
linked)."

Ralf