[SciPy-User] [SciPy-user] adaptive simulated annealing (ASA)

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Tue Feb 21 15:00:44 EST 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 7:15 PM,  <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2012/2/21 Dieter Werthmüller <Dieter.Werthmuller at ed.ac.uk>:
>> Dear reader,
>>
>> I give it another try with more explanation. If it remains unanswered I
>> will assume that such an implementation does not exist.
>
> No answer and google search doesn't show anything, it looks like "such
> an implementation does not exist"
>
> my impression is global optimization is not very common in this neighborhood.

Which is to say, probably no-one has gotten around to it (unless Georg
Holzmann did and neglected to tell anyone), but I'm sure people would
be interested if you were to write and make such code available.

SWIG remains a fine way to implement Python wrappers, but I prefer
Cython myself. If you go with Cython, the Demos/callback directory in
the source tree has a good example of passing a Python function (like
a cost function) to a C library:
    http://cython.org/release/Cython-0.15/Demos/callback/
Another option for is 'ctypes' (which is included with the standard
Python distribution, and lets you avoid dealing with C compilers
entirely).

-- N