[SciPy-User] [ANN] release of Neo 0.2.0

Ariel Rokem arokem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:00:56 EST 2012

Hi Samuel,

Congratulations on the release!

Concerning the comparison with nitime: At the moment, support for reading
data from files in nitime is only implemented for neuroimaging data (using
nibabel as an optional dependency, only for this bit), but the core classes
in nitime can be used for any kind of time-series data (including data from
single-cell recordings:
http://nipy.sourceforge.net/nitime/examples/grasshopper.html), assuming the
data has already somehow been read into numpy arrays. In fact, it would be
great to have io functions in nitime which read data using neo and
initialize nitime.TimeSeries objects for further analysis.

Cheers,

Ariel

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:58 AM, Samuel Garcia <sgarcia at olfac.univ-lyon1.fr