[SciPy-User] running script error (eigen symmetric)

Amy Anderson amyla333 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 18:22:04 EST 2012

Hi scipy users,

I am trying to run this script in python and the script is now working with
the test data (eigen problem solved) but when I input my own data to be
called by script I got the following errors.

[moriaht-5:~/Desktop/pyClusterROI] moriah% python pyClusterROI_test.py
tcorr connectivity subject2002.nii

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pyClusterROI_test.py", line 89, in <module>
    make_local_connectivity_tcorr( infiles[i], maskname, outname, 0.5 )
  File
"/Users/moriah/Desktop/pyClusterROI/make_local_connectivity_tcorr.py", line
114, in make_local_connectivity_tcorr
    msk=csc_matrix((range(1,m+1),(iv,zeros(m))),shape=(prod(sz[1:]),1))
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/sparse/compressed.py",
line 44, in __init__
    other = self.__class__( coo_matrix(arg1, shape=shape) )
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/sparse/coo.py",
line 188, in __init__
    self._check()
  File
"/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/scipy/sparse/coo.py",
line 220, in _check
    raise ValueError('row index exceedes matrix dimensions')
ValueError: row index exceedes matrix dimensions

I was wondering if anyone might know what this error might mean or how to
fix it? I do not know what is meant by "row index exceeds matrix
dimensions" as this is the first time I am using scipy to run a script.