[SciPy-User] Calling LAPACK function dbdsqr()?

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Fri Dec 14 14:38:41 EST 2012

14.12.2012 21:24, Philip Semanchuk kirjoitti:
[clip]
> The not-so-excellent news is that on Windows I installed scipy 0.11.0
> (the same version that's on my Mac) and it does *not* seem to provide
> a reference to dbdsqr(). I also looked for _dbdsqr, dbdsqr_, _dbdsqr_,
> etc. and it's just not there. I can get a reference to e.g. zgelss --

> True
>
> But not dbdsqr. I guess this is an artifact of the LAPACK library
> against which scipy was compiled?

No, the result from hasattr only means that the routine is not wrapped
via f2py. The Scipy LAPACK wrappers always wrap the exact same set of
routines.

However, if a routine is not wrapped, the compiler might not include it
in the built dll file. This probably is platform dependent.

--
Pauli Virtanen