[SciPy-User] [SciPy-Dev] Fw: problem in installing th scipy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 10:33:34 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 15:29, Gopalakrishnan Ravimohan
<gkclri at yahoo.com> wrote:

> with this mail i have attached the error file. which i tried to install in
> my cluster.
> plz help me in sorting the error as i am unable to find what is causing to
> exit the program before building.

libptf77blas.a (and the rest of ATLAS) was not compiled correctly for
it to be linked into an extension module. As the error message says,
you will need to rebuild ATLAS using the -fPIC flag. Consult the ATLAS
build instructions for the details on how to do that.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco