[SciPy-User] Source of the error between computers (version, architecture, etc)

Jerome Kieffer jerome.kieffer at esrf.fr
Tue Oct 11 06:54:10 EDT 2011

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:19:30 +0200
Sergi Pons Freixes <sponsfreixes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have some code that runs perfectly on:
>
> Linux Toshiba-00 2.6.32-33-generic #72-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 21:08:37
> UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux
> Python 2.6.5
> Numpy 1.3.0
>
> But on this machine:
>
> Linux mirto 3.0-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Aug 30 08:53:25 CEST 2011
> x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
> Python 2.7.2
> Numpy 1.6.1
>
> I'm getting this error:

In python 2.6, many operation are done in the native type (uint8 for example) what can lead to "odd" behavour. You should use dtype="float" in sum or mean methods of ndarray.

In python 2.7 the default type is switched to float, what changes some result and can break tests but the results are usually "better".

Hop this helps
--
Jerome Kieffer <jerome.kieffer at esrf.fr>
Online Data Analysis / SoftGroup