[SciPy-User] how can I create B-splines of mutidimensional values?

Zachary Pincus zachary.pincus at yale.edu
Mon Nov 28 09:28:27 EST 2011

> Are you thinking that doing the operations "together" (getting spline coefficients simultaneously for the x and y mapping) would/should somehow yield different coefficients than doing them separately? I've certainly never seen anything like that, but I'm far from an expert on the matter. But, as above, from everything I've seen, you can just do the interpolations separately for x and y, and then knit the results together at the end.

Oh and PS, as far as performance concerns about doing things this way? Don't worry about it until it becomes a bottleneck! Profile the code to determine whether it is, and then if so, you might consider re-writing a parallel coefficient-evaluation-loop in Cython or something.

But ndimage is pretty zippy and it may well be that this won't turn out to be the performance hit you fear.

Zach