[SciPy-User] fmin_cg fmin_bfgs "Desired error not necessarily achieveddue to precision loss"

Dan Stowell dan.stowell at eecs.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Nov 23 04:41:57 EST 2011

(Bump)

Anyone got any suggestions about this "precision loss" issue, please?

I found this message from last year, suggesting that using dot instead
of sum might help (yuck):
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/41268

- but no difference here, I still get the optimisation stopping after
three iterations with that complaint.

Any tips welcome

Thanks
Dan