[SciPy-User] MODIS data and true-color plotting

Gökhan Sever gokhansever at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 16:49:02 EST 2011

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com
> wrote:
>

> It's kind of a pain, no? I ended up using the java swath tool and a
> script. I'm not proud of it, but I've attached it in case you find parts of
> it is useful. I hope it was a working version of the script ;) The swath
> tool omits some of the useful projections.
>
> Chuck

Hi,

Could you provide a working example version of the script (with data and
other scripts included)? I am still not clear about this swath2grid
conversion action :) Can ms2gt have a Python equivalent? Isn't basemap
doing a similar conversion?

For a reference I also have a similar question asked over [
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7802459/combined-atmospheric-data-visualization
]

One notable tool is at ccplot.org for satellite data plotting.