[SciPy-User] Power Spectral Density in SciPy, not pylab

Gus Ishere gus.is.here at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:57:59 EDT 2011

I see the psd() function within matplotlib pylab, and I realize that I
can use it to get an array of Pxx,freqs. I don't need to make a figure
though and I need to take the PSD of many time series (so it would be
nice to do it in a vectorized way). Is there a PSD function within
SciPy that allows me to select an axis in a n-dimensional array on
which to do the PSD estimation, and then return an n-1 dimensional
array?

Thanks,
Gustavo