[SciPy-User] questions about splines

Dmitrey tmp50 at ukr.net
Tue May 3 05:05:09 EDT 2011

 hi all,
   1) in the page
   http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.interpolate.BivariateSpline.html
   I see the entry

   SmoothUnivariateSpline
         to create a BivariateSpline through the given points

         Isn't it a bug?

         2) Are there any tools for N-dimensional splines with
         derivatives in scipy? I thought it's quite simple to be
         implemented and rather essential, but I noticed only Rbf, and
         derivatives are absent there. Do you know a soft with Python API
         and N-dimensional splines and related derivatives? Or maybe
         anyone has any plans of implementing something like that in
         future?

         D.