[SciPy-User] yulewalk or filter design by desired frequency reponse

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Thu Mar 31 06:45:40 EDT 2011

If you filter a Dirac delta function, you get the impulse response, from
which the frequency response can be computed by the rfft. That will give
you the residuals between the desired and realized frequency response.
You can then use scipy.optimize.leastsq (Levenberg-Marquardt) to fit the
IIR coefficients. The same strategy can also be used in the time-domain
to approximate a template impulse response.

Sturla