[SciPy-User] pygrads problem

wan Ardie ardiepython at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 09:25:40 EDT 2011

Hi, I am Wan Ardie, Im not sure if this the right list to post this question
but, I have just downloaded and installed pygrads, with the command:
*python setup.py install*
and targeted to a local directory.
I assume install is successful as there is no error, but when i try a few
lines as suggested at the link (
http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=Python_Interface_to_GrADS):
*from grads.gacore import GaCore ga = GaCore(Bin='gradsc')* i get a blank
GrADS display window and no further chance to enter at the prompt (unless I
use ctrl-C to quit the display window)
I have checked the gradsc is in my path,
I have also tested my grads without python, and it worked perfectly...

I would really appreciate the help, as this will me and my lab mates
(hopefully)