[SciPy-User] Difference in quality from different interpolation orders

Chris Weisiger cweisiger at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Jun 16 17:59:42 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 2:46 PM, David Baddeley <david_baddeley at yahoo.com.au
> wrote:

> What are you trying to do with the images that makes the speed difference
> so important? The other thing you've got to watch with microscopy images is
> the noise ....

What I'm doing here is aligning multiple camera views and saving the result.
I certainly agree that accuracy is preferable to speed for this application;
I was just trying to figure out if there was any loss of accuracy. All else
being equal, faster is better than slower, especially when you have hundreds
of GB of data to process.

Noise is handled in a separate postprocessing step. So long as I don't make
the noise problem worse, I'm not worried about that here.

-Chris