[SciPy-User] which EPD?

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 15:38:09 EDT 2011

I'm going to run some Python simulations on a cluster.
I'm the first, so I have to request the Python distribution
that I need. I'm planning to ask for the 64 bit Enthought Python
Distribution (Red Hat version, since that's the OS).

BUT I want to ask first: is there any reason to
avoid the 64 bit version in favor of the 32 bit
version?  (E.g., missing extension packages?)
I have a **very** vague recollection that there
was some kind of problem on 64 bits with Fortran
dependencies.  Is that simply wrong?  Are there
any other considerations?

Thanks,
Alan Isaac