[SciPy-User] generic_flapack.pyf and geqp3

Skipper Seabold jsseabold at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:17:06 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Collin Stocks <collinstocks at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks :)
> Actually, I already managed to figure out how to create the patch
> before reading your post, but thanks for the quick reply anyway. Any
> idea where I should go from here? I've submitted a patch to the
> tracker (http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1473). I guess I
> should just wait...

Some advice- If you leave it on trac, you should at least attach a
diff (preferably versus the most recent scipy) so it's easier to see
exactly what's changed. Patches should also include a test.

https://github.com/numpy/numpy/blob/master/doc/TESTS.rst.txt

If you really want to go the extra mile, you should add a test and
then use git to make a patch and submit to the ML/trac for review.
Then you can make a pull request if it looks good. This keeps the
legwork pretty low for core developers.

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/dev/index.html

> It's just that there is some specific code I want to run (I have
> already written it), and I would prefer that my code not rely on my
> own personal fork of the SciPy project ;D
>
> Actually, the code I have written is probably going to end up as part
> of SciPy (or one of the SciKits), as it is a Python implementation of
> the stepwisefit function from MatLab's statistics toolbox, which is
> rather useful to some people. (Perhaps seeing this may be an incentive
> for some of the developers to accept my patch for qr()...)

We would certainly be interested in a stepwisefit implementation for
statsmodels.

http://statsmodels.sourceforge.net/

Skipper