[SciPy-User] Scipy.Optimize on GPUs?

Patrick Holvey pholvey at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 11:31:16 EST 2011

Good morning everyone.

I'm currently calling scipy.optimize.fmin_cg() to minimize the energy of a
crystal system by changing the xyz coordinates of atoms in the system.  I'm
working on deriving the fprime function, but currently, the gradient is
being estimated by fmin_cg.  I have access to some Nvidia Tesla's but not
much experience running Python on GPUs.  I was wondering if there was an
already GPU-enabled optimization algorithm somewhere in scipy or some other
package.  Does anyone know of one?

Many thanks,

Patrick

--