[SciPy-User] Cross-compiling scipy on Cray-XE6

Valene Pellissier valene.pellissier at nag.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 06:53:41 EST 2011

Hi,

I have some problems installing scipy dynamically on Cray XE6. I can
install Python-2.6.5 and Numpy-1.4.1 without problems. I know Numpy
doesn't need Fortran compiler, but even at this step, distutil doesn't
find any Fortran compiler while, with another Gnu environment, I managed
to install Numpy and Scipy.  I'm actually using PrgEnv-gnu/3.1.37G with
gcc/4.5.1.
A user on another Cray XE6 manage to install Scipy with
PrgEnv-gnu/3.1.37E and gcc/4.5.1 . This version of gnu environment is
obviously not available any more.

What do you suggest ? A newer version of Python ? An older version of
gnu compilers ?

Thank you,
Valene