[SciPy-User] python3 pip/easy_install alternative for scipy .9?

David david at silveregg.co.jp
Tue Jan 25 02:07:10 EST 2011

On 01/25/2011 10:09 AM, Scott Askey wrote:
> Do any tools like pip or easy_install work with python3 numpy and scipy .9?

I believe setuptools (or is it distribute ?) has been ported to python
3, and that would bring easy_install. Pip has not been ported to the
best of my knowledge.

> easy_install3 in debian sid did not work for me when I tried to install any
> python3 packages.
> sudo python3 setup.py install work for  me on scipy .9 and numpy 1.5.1.

None of those tool work very well, and they bring nothing compared to
normal install for numpy or scipy. Just use python setup.py install, or
python setupegg.py install if you want to install numpy inside a virtual
environment.

cheers,

David