[SciPy-User] SciPy and Diffusion Equation

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Tue Jan 18 09:20:40 EST 2011

FiPy can indeed handle problems like this in 1D, 2D & 3D and with non-linear coefficients and arbitrary combinations of terms and arbitrary combinations of equations on multiple solution variables.

See http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/fipy/examples/README.html for examples.

FiPy is not "under the scipy umbrella" but happily sits alongside it.

- Jon (a FiPy developer)