[SciPy-User] bottleneck group_median

Hanno Klemm klemm at phys.ethz.ch
Tue Jan 11 18:02:48 EST 2011

Hello,

I am looking at the bottleneck package and the benchmarks are really
impressive. Would it be possible, or is it planned, to implement a
group_median, analogous to the group_mean?

I am at the moment working on a project where I have to search through
large arrays and compute medians for certain values, which is quite
slow in conventional numpy/scipy. Therefore a group_median would be
absolutely fantastic for me.

I would promise to contribute, but unfortunately my C skills are so
limited that I would really not be of much help in finite time.

Thanks for a cool package,
Hanno