[SciPy-User] OT: Literature management, pdf downloader

John washakie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 08:26:37 EST 2011

I do use scholar a lot, and I have played with Zotero (which actually
integrates quite well with Mendeley), but do either of these actually
have a way to 'batch download' the PDFs, that was more the point of
the script.

I wonder if screen scraping scholar or working with scholar somehow to
find the PDFs may be a better approach rather than relying on DOIs??

Thanks,
john

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 1:51 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 01:25:45PM +0100, John wrote:
>> searching, I rely on the webofscience or ISI searches.
>
>> 1) ISI search for articles, add to 'marked list'
>
> Continuing with off topic, but in my experience google scholar works much
> better than ISI, it is accessible freely, can link to preprints, and if
> you adjust your preferences, will give you the bibtex files.

Configuration
``````````````````````````
Plone 2.5.3-final,
CMF-1.6.4,
Zope (Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, linux2),
Python 2.6
PIL 1.1.6
Mailman 2.1.9
Postfix 2.4.5