[SciPy-User] After compiling Scipy 0.9.0rc3 on Lucid Lynx, scipy.test() gives several failures

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Fri Feb 18 08:33:29 EST 2011

Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:30:14 +0100, Frederik Orlando Kaster wrote:
[clip]
> Since many failures seem to be BLAS-related, I also ran the ATLAS test
> suite provided in the libatlas-test suite, and everything worked fine.
> What have I done wrong? Any help would be highly appreciated.

It indeed seems that either BLAS or LAPACK is hosed.

Are you sure it picks up the correct installation of ATLAS?
Lucid comes with Atlas 3.8.3, whereas your build logs show that it has
found Atlas 3.6.0.

You can specify which ATLAS + LAPACK to use via

	export BLAS=/path/to/libf77blas.a     # or .so
	export LAPACK=/path/to/liblapack.a
	export ATLAS=/path/to/libatlas.a