[SciPy-User] trying to interpolate...

Anthony Palomba apalomba at austin.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 14:01:37 EST 2011

Okay installed the latest numpy, that seems to fix things.
So back to the real problem...

I am trying to write an interpolate function that
allows me to interpolate between two sets of numbers.
It would basically map (x1, y1) on to (x2, y2).

def interpmap(pos, x1, y1, x2, y2, base):
    pass

Where pos is some value between x1 and y1,
interpmap returns the interpolated mapped value between
x2 and y2.

What should I be suing to implement this?
Interp1d? Interp2d?

Thanks,
Anthony