[SciPy-User] memory error - numpy mean - netcdf4

questions anon questions.anon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 00:39:47 EDT 2011

Thanks for your response.
The error I am receiving is:
*
*Traceback (most recent call last):*
*  File "d:\documents and settings\SLBurns\Work\My
Dropbox\Python_code\calculate_the_mean_across_multiple_netcdf_files_in_multiple_folders_add_shp_select_dirs.py",
line 50, in <module>*
*    big_array=N.ma.concatenate(all_TSFC)*
*  File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\numpy\ma\core.py", line 6155, in
concatenate*
*    d = np.concatenate([getdata(a) for a in arrays], axis)*
*MemoryError*

I have tried ignoring TIME and only using one slice of lat and long (because
they are the same for every file). I also tried entering the gc.collect() in
the loop but nothing seemed to help.
Anything else I could try? I am dealing with hundreds of files so maybe I
need a whole different method to calculate the mean?