[SciPy-User] Enthought Python Distribution questions

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 10:51:57 EDT 2011

On 18/08/2011 07:45, Jonathan Rocher wrote:
> Correct, this isn't the appropriate mailing list. To request information
> about EPD, you should contact info at enthought.com
> <mailto:info at enthought.com> or epd-support at enthought.com
> <mailto:epd-support at enthought.com> once you are a subsciber.

I am a subscriber, so I just forwarded these questions there too :-)
I have EPD 7.0-2 (32-bit) installed.

> 1. EPD install its own python executable and libraries and doesn't
> interfere with any existing installed instances of python. The PATH
> environment variable allows you to select which one will be launched.

Please can you verify that this is the case on MacOS X?

> 2. EPD comes with a large number of code samples/examples for most of
> the packages included, in particular the Enthought Tool Suite.

Where would I find these on MacOS X?

> The
> documentation is not included though, to save download time.

Where can I find a bulk download of all the docs for offline use?

> It also
> comes with a DocLinks folder with links to each package home page for
> you to download the appropriate material.

Again on Mac OS X, where would I find this DocLinks folder?

cheers,

Chris

             - http://www.simplistix.co.uk