[SciPy-User] [Numpy-discussion] Shared memory ndarrays (update)

Sebastian Haase seb.haase at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 03:21:23 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> Hey Sturla,
>
> It's really great that you are still working on that. I'll test the code
> under Linux.
>
> The scipy community has moved to github. If I create a repository under
> github and put the code on it, would you use it? If I find time, I'll add
> a setup.py.
>
> Gaël

Hi,

just wanted to say that I find this module, and shared memory in
general very interesting, because I work with very large image data
sets.

I have a non python question:
for Java there seems to exist a module/package/class called nio

http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/nio/MappedByteBuffer.html
   public abstract class MappedByteBuffer    extends ByteBuffer
   A direct byte buffer whose content is a memory-mapped region of a file.

Could this be used to share memory between   Java applications  and  numpy ?

Just hoping that someone here knows Java much better than me.
- Sebastian Haase