[SciPy-User] scipy install issues

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 26 11:02:21 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Stephen Webb <sdavis.webb at gmail.com>wrote:

> I recently had to rebuild my entire Python library from scratch after doing
> some very foolish things. After installing SciPy on my Mac (OS X 10.6) using
> the Fink scipy-26 version, I had no errors after the install (I had to use
> mv /usr/library /usr/library.moved to get around a gcc issue while
> installing) I still cannot import scipy through python26. I can import numpy
> without a problem.
>
> For reference:
>
> uname -a :
> Darwin Macintosh-4.local 10.4.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.4.0: Fri Apr 23
> 18:28:53 PDT 2010; root:xnu-1504.7.4~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hard to answer this without more info. What error do you get when trying to
import scipy? Is the install location on your PYTHONPATH?

Why are you using Fink by the way? This is not recommended, just building
everything the standard way on top of a Python from python.org will make
your life a lot easier probably.

Cheers,
Ralf