[SciPy-User] scipy.io.loadmat error when trying to read a .mat file

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 18:56:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

> It's very possible that the behavior of loadmat has changed because I
> refactored it radically between 0.7 and 0.8.
>
> I'll have a look your file this morning in case it will save anyone some time,

I see that, if I load the 20100819102442.mat file in matlab and save
it again, loadmat can read it.   This is in matlab r2008a.

I think the problem is arising in the 'System' variable in that file.

How did this mat file arise?  What version of matlab is it being saved
from?  With what flags?

Best,

Matthew