[SciPy-User] matplotlib with UI

J. David Lee johnl at cs.wisc.edu
Sun Oct 3 00:23:11 EDT 2010

Integrating a matplotlib window into a wxPython app is pretty easy. I
import the following:

from matplotlib.backends.backend_wxagg import FigureCanvasWxAgg
from matplotlib.backends.backend_wxagg import NavigationToolbar2WxAgg
from matplotlib.figure import Figure

Create the controls:

figure = Figure(figsize=(0.1,0.1))
canvas = FigureCanvasWxAgg(wxParent, -1, figure)
toolbar = NavigationToolbar2WxAgg(canvas)

Then you add the canvas and toolbar to a layout.

Now you can plot as usual:

figure.clf()
ax = figure.gca()
ax.plot(x, y)