[SciPy-User] Accurate Frequency Measurement

Seth Nickell snickell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 01:05:47 EST 2010

Well. That takes the cake. I had looked up the performance difference
between power of 2 vs. not on fftw and figured I could accept 20%
slower, but in this case it made the difference between "fft takes 1s"
and "fft hasn't yet returned after 5 hrs". I can now do a long enough
fft to find the frequency within a hundredth of a hz, and have found
that adequate for my purposes.

Thanks Charles!