[SciPy-User] Fisher exact test, anyone?

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 21:50:44 EST 2010

http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/956 and
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/fisher/ have Fisher's exact
testimplementations.

It would be nice to get a version in for 0.9. I spent a few
unsuccessful days on it earlier this year. But since there are two new
or corrected versions available, it looks like it just needs testing
and a performance comparison.

I won't have time for this, so if anyone volunteers for this, scipy
0.9 should be able to get Fisher's exact.

As an aside:
There is a related ticket for numerical precision problems in the sf
calculations of discrete distributions,
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1218 . However, this requires a
rewrite of the current generic cdf calculation and adding a matching
sf version. The current implementation only works under special
assumptions which luckily are satisfied by all current discrete
distributions. I think, I will find time for this before 0.9.

Josef