[SciPy-User] Opportunity to "plug" scipy

David Goldsmith d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:19:43 EDT 2010

On 3/22/2010 12:18 PM, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:08:34PM -0700, David Goldsmith wrote:
>
>> Hi, folks.  In trying to drum up funding for the doc project, one of the
>> orgs I contacted - The Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine -
>> invited us to present at the SIIM 2010 open source plugfest at their
>> Annual Meeting in June.
>>
> I can't help, but if you are interested in usecases, there is a growing
> community around Python in neuroimaging, http://nipy.sourceforge.net/
> making use of numpy and scipy.
>
> Gaël

Good to know.  (Unfortunately, I'm too distant from the field to feel
comfortable being a presenter - though it occurs to me that I could
certainly coordinate a team and/or be the POC between such a team and
SIIM - but hopefully your observation means that a team will come
forward; do you happen to know how well said "growing community" is
represented on this list?  Should I cross-post on the numpy list?)

DG